Saturday, February 15, 2020

Making Breakfast

My job is to create an independent human being.  That's how I approach everything I do with Dominic.  Most days I wonder how independent I will actually get him to be, but we keep working anyway.   

We've been working on cooking for YEARS in therapy, out of therapy, at school... and today was the first day he cooked his whole meal with just verbal cues from me.   He decided what he wanted - Scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes.  He decided when he was ready for it, got everything out of the fridge and started preparing without me telling him to.    I looked up and decided to try to capture some of it on video...



He gets mad that I record these things, which is why they break in weird places.



For the record - this is the first time he's been the one to pour the eggs into the hot pan himself.  He is scared of the sizzle sound so we are working on  getting the pan not quite that hot...   I was also very pleased to see the troubleshooting with the spatula. 

I stopped recording because he was just mad, but he proceeded to cook potatoes and bacon, plated them up and is happiily eating. 

No comments: