Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend roundup

~~~
Thursday night, Dominic twisted his ankle horsing around (I know, who would've thunk it).  Not bad enough for any swelling or bruising, but he still wanted an ACE bandage on it Thursday night, Friday and Saturday.  He limped around home for us, particularly when we were watching.  I sent a note in to school Friday letting them know and exempting him from PE if he wanted  - but for them to just follow his lead.  This is the note that I got back from them Friday after school:

"Dominic walked at a slower pace but was fine all day.  He did join his class in PE.  He told me, "I tripped", "I fine", "its okay"and "kiss it better"  :) "

But, as result of the twisted ankle and the fact that 42 is a little chilly for the very outside zoo - we didn't get to the zoo yesterday.  Its snowing today, so we didn't go today either.  Saturday is currently supposed to be warm, so we will pencil it in and cross our fingers.

~~~

We went out for a special birthday lunch today since he's at school tomorrow, and then took him to Target to let him pick out 1 toy.  He was so cute. I told him in the parking lot that he could get 1 Toy.  He said "One, TWO!".  He picked out a 4 pack of race cars.  Of course he would go for the 1 toy with 4 in it.   He did really really well leaving the other one there that interested him, and has been happily playing with them since we got home.

~~~

I've worked out with his teacher and his SPED coordinator to bring cupcakes in to school for his class tomorrow afternoon. (I'm taking a half day vacation for the occasion).  So this afternoon I made GFCF cupcakes, chocolate coconut flavor.  I let him lick the beater.  He licked it and came back in the kitchen while i was scooping cupcake batter - and attempted to dunk it in to get another lick.  he was very sad when i blocked the re-dunk.

~~~

Dominic ate Beets!!!  He used to refuse them.  He also ate sauteed Chard  / Beet Green mixture.

No comments: