The past couple of days have been odd. Dominic was completely unfocused yesterday morning for his morning therapy, and we were starting to thing maybe we were having a backslide, but then he had an amazing afternoon session at Alpine - the director came out to tell me that when he first arrived, he was playing on the floor with some cars (a favorite activity) and she called out to him from the door "Hi Dominic". He stopped what he was doing, turned and looked at her - gave great eye contact - and then when to his chair and sat down.
Doesn't seem like much, but when you think about it he:
- was playing appropriately with toys
- HEARD her say hi Dominic, on the first time (he's been having auditory processing issues)
- Responded to his name (first time he's done that for them, but for me at home I can call his name and he'll come running)
- Made good eye contact independently (also huge)
- Knew that he needed to go to his chair to work, and that he would get tickles for doing so.