Saturday, January 29, 2011

Alpine 5K!

Last year I signed up to walk in the Alpine 5K fundraiser / awareness walk. And when I set the webpage up, I decided that I wanted to create a team, and that the team should raise $1000. So I set up a team, and the program said my part was going to be $1000. I was dismayed, I didn't want to spend that much time trying to raise money... I didn't have the spare time to begin with.

Well. Thanks to a bunch of people in my life - from work, to friends, to family to random internet forum buddies, I raised over $2k. The majority of it in donations under $40. And I won first place for parent fundraisers. I think I was third or so overall.

Ya'll know I'm not competitive AT ALL (stop laughing. really. Its not attractive...) So... this year, the walk will be April 16. And this year, I decided to beat last year - so I've set a goal of $2500. I'd love to have a slew of people walk with us, and I've decided to do what I did last year again - if you show up to walk on Dominic's team - you get to wear a button with his ADORABLE face on it. Don't worry if you're not a power walker - last year we finished DEAD last because we were walking at Dominic's pace and he has short legs.

I think I'll come up with something fun for out of towners too, who can't walk, but who do donate more than X amount. Don't know yet what that will be or what X amount will be, but it'll be something fun.

Over the course of the next couple of months, I'll be sending assorted emails out asking for support, but there's nothing to stop you from going out right now and sponsoring me. It'll reduce the nagging emails later. Promise ;).

So - there's a new widget over there in the sidebar for this very purpose.

No comments: