Thursday, April 23, 2015

Autism prevalence / Light it up TRUE April 23



... so where is the outrage?  Where is the questioning as to why?  What happened to our culture that we've allowed ourselves to be brainwashed with blue lightbulbs that its "just better diagnosis" and that its "just their personality"


I'm almost 40


When I was in high school in the early 90's, there were no children with Autism there.  Downs, CP, Spina Bifida - yes.  Autism - no.  In a high school of ~700 students, there was one special ed classroom with half a dozen students, mostly in wheelchairs.


Where were the non-verbal 10 year olds in diapers?
Where were the children smearing feces?
Where were the children who bit themselves until they bled, who ate their shirts (literally). who hit their own head on the wall until they went unconscious?
Where were the kids having siezures every day?
Where were the children wearing helmets?
Where were they?


They weren't is the answer.  I promise you, we are not stupid. We, as a society, would not have overlooked such extremely unhealthy kids.


I know I have close friends who are part of the neurodiversity movement - who believe that their child's autism is just a personality trait.  I watched Dominic regress.  He was fine, speaking in sentences, and then he wasn't.  I know that my child suffered an injury.  I do not for one moment believe that his medical injury is a personality trait.


I do believe that we as a society are de-evolving because of environmental toxicity.  We are getting sicker every generation.  Autism is a sign of that.  I believe that the vaccines given to my parents generation and my generation, in combination with the surge of over processed, genetically modified foods that are nutritionally void is actually altering our genes.  We are changing our own species DNA.  And if we don't stop it fast, we will kill ourselves off within a century.


In case you missed it, I was published over at the Thinking Moms Revolution yesterday about this very thing....


No comments: