Monday, May 4, 2015

Negotiation skills??? Wow!!!

So while I was away working at the TACA conference this past weekend, Dominic had a cool experience at school.  The plan was for the fourth graders to have a "rendezvous" where they traded toys to help them understand the concept of barter.   So Dad sent Dominic to school with a handful of things to trade.

He forwarded me the following email dialogue with our special ed teacher on Friday night and I about fell out of my chair.  She had promised to keep an eye on what Dominic ate and make sure it stayed on the diet (this way he could participate in the picnic with his peers after the rendezvous)

Dad:
"Thank you so much for keeping an eye on Dominic's food intake."

Our SPED Teacher
"We will…he is soooo excited. It will be a great learning experience for him and time to bond with his peers. He hates coming out of class these days. "

Dad:
"hates coming out of class", in what way?  Do you mean he is having difficulties transitioning? 

SPED Teacher:
"Not at all, he just loves being with his friends and doesn’t like to come out to do IEP goals with me. He is definitely making tremendous social progress. That’s a good thing. Sorry if I alarmed you. I just watched him trade for a bottle of bubbles and it was so positive. He just said ‘trade” and offered his toy and then said ‘bubbles please’ and waited and handed over his toy. WOW….."

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Totally cannot be measured by an ATEC.  I am so blown away at how much progress he's made since we started the IonCleanse by AMD footbaths.


No comments: