Friday, September 25, 2015

I am no longer socially acceptable...

So i'm finishing up my appointment with my chiropractor and visiting with him when in walks a woman with fibromyalgia.  She talks for a second and I looked at her and said "You know not to get a flu shot right" - she said why.

I took a deep breath

Chiro braced himself.


And I launched into my spiel about how fibro is most likely caused by underlying mitochondrial dysfunction where cells don't manufacture enough ATP to fuel the body. So the body steals from the adrenals and other organs to just function. Which is why she's exhausted and achey.  And how if she adds the assault of a flu shot to already struggling cellular level energy... she's going to tank herself.

She got very quiet.

Chiro was chuckling under his breath.

I gave her my business card and told her to spend some time reading at the Thinking Moms Revolution.


No comments: