Sunday, April 3, 2016

Concerned boy

It took me a bit to figure out what was going on this morning when i walked on the Treadmill.  Dominic was, almost in tears, herding the dogs away from it and holding the puppy to ensure he stayed out of the way.

This requires a history lesson.

New Years day, Dominic decided to jump on my treadmill while i was on it.  In the split second it took me to pull the emergency stop, he had shredded the skin on the tops of his toes. (no shoes/socks, he was in pj's).  It took a month for them to heal.

I realized... Dominic is worried the dogs will have the same injury.  He was checking their paws compulsively and really really distressed when they were near the treadmill (this is problematic because my treadmill lives right next to the doggie door to the backyard).

so - add extreme concern and empathy to our list of GAINS.

No comments: