Friday, August 26, 2011

20% Reached, And here's that video I promised.

I was apprehensive to post this because while it is a wonderful example of how far he's come playwise, you can see there is SO much work we have left too on focus and self stimulatory behavior.  Kind of exciting and daunting at the same time. 

Turn the volume up on this...  All of the questions are ones he's been taught to answer at Alpine.  So this is what I call a scripted conversation, but at least its a conversation, ya know.  For a kid who 2 years ago had zero verbal interaction this is pretty amazing.   And this was the end of his play session a few nights ago, so I'm pretty impressed for the focus he did give me. 


1 comment:

Megan said...

That is amazing progress. I am really impressed with him looking at you when you called his name and at the end when (I think) he said "Help."