Friday, May 25, 2012

Zoo Trip, with pictures



The CC Alumni club set up a CC night at the zoo last night and we went. I have not seen Dominic so excited about anything in I cannot remember how long. He talked about the Zoo, and giraffes and elephants and tigers a ton for the couple of days preceeding it, to the point that his therapist said to me when I picked him up yesterday “Wow, he’s really looking forward to the zoo, isn’t he”.

Then last night, as we were getting ready to go, I told him he should maybe leave his snakes at home.  And he did.  This is ENOURMOUS.  I cannot think of a time that he has gone anywhere without some sort of fidget toy in his hand. Even pre-regression, he liked to carry around strings.  So to willingly leave all fidgets at home blew us away. 

We did the usual zoo tour, minus the elephants and meerkats because that part of the zoo is closed for renovations right now. No issues at all, no non compliance, no wandering, he did amazing.  We rode the carousel, which he loved, had very bad hotdogs at the cafĂ©, saw the tiger and the bears and the pocurpine, listened to the wolves howling (first time I’ve heard that, but we’re not normally there at sundown), saw some friends, and then went home. 






1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow, what a great day! This made me happy to read.