Monday, August 14, 2017

Vivint gives back....

We have had a security system in our home since about the 4th day we moved in, 20 years ago.  I've joked that it was $50/mo for peace of mind.

So when our doorbell rang a few weeks ago and it was someone selling a home security system, its a minor miracle i didn't slam the door in his face. I dislike solicitors. For whatever reason (and truly I don't know why), I let him spiel me. 

He talked about how much technology had changed since our old system  - now its all cellular, no more landline (and since ours did actually get cut once at the phone box, just the line for the security, this was an issue); there's better sensors (no more wiring a million things thru the house, they're all wireless; and we could have, among other things, a doorbell camera and a voice activated Alexa from amazon and a NEST thermostat all linked together.

I did what I always do and told him we would sleep on it. Any product that cannot withstand 12 hours of consideration, isn't one I want.  And I posted on facebook, asking if any of my friends had a Vivint.  And they did.  One posted something to the effect of "Did you know that Vivint sponsors NAA and you can get a reduced rate through the Vivint Gives back program".  I didn't.  Because my sales guy didn't tell me.   so I got connected with the right person for that program, made arrangements and scheduled an install.  When the door to door guy (DTDG) came back the next day, the conversation went something like this

Me - I was planning on telling you yes...
DTDG -  face falls
Me = and then i found out about the vivint gives back program, here's a paper with how much it costs
DTDG - HOLY CRAP do you know what kind of savings this is???  This is better than an employee discount!!! WOW!!!!
Me - If you had told me about this last night, I wouldn't have needed to think about it.
DTDG - I didn't know about it.
Me  - you do now.

I did make sure that DTDG got the commission since I made him sit in my dining room answering questions for an hour.

And I did tell the Vivint Gives back coordinator I'd write a blog to hopefully further get the world out in the Autism Community that this company recognizes how big an issue that wandering is for our kids and is helping.

If you are interested in learning more, join this facebook group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivintgivesback/

No comments: